One question we’ve been asked before is – how do we choose floor plans?
There are a few factors that go into choosing a floor plan that will go on to represent Greenland Homes. We’re going to spend some time over the new few weeks giving you an inside look at how we evaluate floor plans and make sure they meet our criteria.
Today’s post is going to talk about Client Needs. This is a huge factor in choosing a floor plan!
Our clients are in different stages of their lives and looking for a home that meets different needs. Some are upgrading for more space, some are downsizing to a townhome, others are just beginning the home ownership journey and are looking for their very first home.
We keep all of this in mind when looking at floor plans. We’re always on the look-out for layouts that make a busy family life a bit easier.
- Things like, drop zones for coats/bags/shoes when you enter from the garage
- Laundry on the same level as the bedrooms
- Eat-in kitchen that’s perfect for making dinner while helping with homework
- Basement that’s ready to finish so you can keep adding livable square footage as you need it
We also choose floor plans that are perfect for first-time home buyers.
- We understand that many first-time homebuyers are different than they were a few years ago and “family” looks different now. Clients are looking for their own home so they can finally get the pet they want. Some are buying, knowing they will have roommates with them.
- Plus, one thing we hear the most – many first-time homebuyers are looking for something affordable. Our American Dream Series is designed with all of this in mind.
Another reason why clients choose a new home, is they are looking to downsize.
- Some clients want a home that easier to move around in, which would make our ranch plans perfect for them.
- Other clients aren’t worried about mobility, but they are ready to relax and not worry about things like lawn maintenance and snow removal. This makes our townhomes a perfect fit for them!
Are you ready to find a home that’s perfect for you and your family? Contact us today to start touring floor plans and to view lots in your area.