Get to know Cody Bilyeu in our first “5 in 5” themed post where we sit down with our agents and get to know them in 5 minutes with 5 questions …
5 in 5 with Cody Bilyeu, Re/Max Concepts
1. While searching for homes, which Greenland Homes communities will home buyers find you in?
A. You’ll find me in Waukee at Spring Crest and Clayton Estates. Both are in excellent locations – stop out to see me during open houses and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Close to schools, quick to the Interstate. It’s great!
2. Why did you choose to represent Greenland Homes?
A. Simple! I like working for a builder that appreciates what his agents do for them. Top Notch. Honest.
3. Is there a specific Greenland Home floor plan that’s caught your eye? What do you like?
A. My most favorite feature from one of Greenland’s floor plans (and I’ll make sure to point this out if we’re touring one together!) is the office in the Ironwood Plan. I love attention to detail and the detailed wood work in this office is an example of the craftsmanship that goes into a Greenland Home.
4. Tell us a bit more about yourself.
A. I’ve been married for ten years this August to my amazing wife and we have 2 kiddos … Collin is 3.5 and our new daughter will be born in February. We’re so excited! We have 2 adorable dogs … Zoey (American Eskimo/Papillion) & Lola (Mini Austrailian Shepherd) who keep us entertained. And one of the things I really enjoy right now is smoking food on my smoker (the brisket is soooo good).
5. If you had to leave us with an inspirational quote, what would it be?
A. “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” This holds true in life and when building a home (which is why you’ll want to work with me and Greenland Homes!).
Thanks for sitting down with us, Cody!
Cody is one of the best! And we’re not the only ones who think so, check out this review …
“Cody was always available to answer questions and quick to respond. He advertised the listing and shared with me his progress. He was very professional, friendly and overall excellent to work with. I would definitely recommend Cody to friends and family” – Nick, Ankeny
You’ve done everything right so far; you’ve found a great lender, received a preapproval and submitted your loan package for final approval. Now you’re done, right? Wrong. Until you close on your new loan, it’s more important than ever to keep your credit steady; most lenders perform one last credit check right before they fund and a decline in your score can mean the difference between getting the home and losing the loan.
Things You Should Never do After Applying for a Loan
- Don’t Change Jobs – While sometimes it’s unavoidable, especially if a new job is the reason for the move, but any change in income or job status creates risk and should be avoided if possible.
- Don’t Make any Large Purchases – As tempting as it may be to go shopping for new furniture, wait until after you close to make any large purchases. This applies to furniture, appliances and even new cars. New loans could change your debt to income ratio and cause you to no longer qualify for the loan.
- Don’t Apply for New Credit – Every time someone runs your credit report, your score is affected. This is not the Dme to search for a new credit card.
- Don’t Close Any Credit Accounts – It might seem counterintuitive, but closing or paying off loans or credit cards might actually bring your FICO score down. The length of time you’ve had your credit open is a positive effect on credit scores.
The bottom line is to avoid doing anything to your credit. If you’re unsure of what you can or cannot do, ask you lender; they can guide you in the right direction and make sure you close on your new loan.
For specific questions about home loans, contact our preferred lender Dave Lewis with HomeServices Lending.